THE NATURE OF US Artists-in-residence Opportunities
Research Sessions For Performance Projects about the Natural World
Are you working on a movement or body-based performance project in 2021 or 2022 confronting art practices with concerns about the environment and you are working and living in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia? If so, our Nature of Us open call is for you! Sign up right now. Applicants should choose artistic research sessions outside their own country.
The Nature of Us is a joint project of 4 Central European organizations: Bazaar Festival (CZ), PlaST (SK), Polka Dot Foundation (PL) and Workshop Foundation (HU), supported by the International Visegrad Fund. Open to new formulas in art practice and presentation in the context of serious environmental changes, The Nature of Us is committed to gradually changing the social environment and perceptions of Central European identity in relation to the natural world.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- two-week artistic research session outside your own country in Bratislava, Budapest, Gdansk, or Prague for four groups of up to three artists or artists and advisors;
- free studio space and accommodations;
- a 1 000-1 200 EUR contribution towards travel and daily expenses for each group/project;
- consultations and support of our four partner organizations;
- chance to present and compare findings or excerpts of your future works to colleagues, experts and curious test audiences at Bazaar Festival Prague, Telocvičňa Residence Centre (Nová Cvernovka), Bratislava, Workshop Foundation Budapest or at our Nature of Us conference on Sobieszwo Island, a nature reserve near Gdansk;
- free travel and accommodations for one representative of your group to participate in the Opening Lab conference event at Bazaar Festival Prague (29-30.08.2021) or at our Nature of Us conference (19-21.05.2022) on Sobieszewo Island near Gdansk, providing opportunities to learn from and consult with Central European scientists, experts and other artists.
During their research session chosen artists will need to provide material (writings, videos, photo etc.) about the development of their work which will be published on The Nature of Us blog.
AVAILABLE TWO WEEK ARTISTIC RESEARCH SESSIONS:
Prague: 14-28.08.2021 (immediately before Bazaar Festival 2021)
Gdansk: 04-18.05.2022 (immediately before the Nature of Us conference)
Please indicate in the application form your first two choices. Applicants should choose artistic research sessions outside their own country.
ABOUT THE NATURE OF US PROJECT
The project encompasses an opening lab and a major conference between fields of art and science, a public showing of a related existing central European performance, plus 4 ancillary artistic research sessions – 1 in each participating V4 country, involving dialogue with the public, plus a blog and e-publication.
Unique about this initiative is the commitment to put innovating performing arts creators in touch with leading experts from those fields. This should lead to future collaborations, where the experts themselves will find new avenues to communicate through the thriving performing arts world of the V4 countries, while artists will get the tools to meaningfully reflect on these complex themes in their creations. The overall goal is to create a new situation where performing arts professionals can share and move forward with a solid understanding of the issues and create works that meaningfully address their audiences’ concerns about our identity in relation to our environment.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO APPLY?
- fill out and send the APPLICATION FORM in English [Application form];
- include or send CVs and/or portfolios of project participants;
- include or send all the required documents in ENGLISH to email@example.com.
DEADLINE: Application is closed on 20th June 2021 at midnight.